Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: June 7th 2019
Salary: $22.93 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families. Our programs address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator. This is a permanent, full-time position.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for planning, preparing and coordinating the bilingual public relations marketing activities of the PMFRC. The focus is to ensure a consistent public image and vision is communicated to military families and all PMFRC stakeholders. Secondary to this position is supporting the Programs Manager in the fundraising role. This position involves working closely with other team members to promote PMFRC programs and services and providing public relations expertise to the program team. This position reports directly to the Programs Manager.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Programs Manager, develop the framework, communications and marketing priorities in the service delivery to reflect the PMFRC’s overall mission, mandate and strategic priorities.
- Develop and manage the communications and marketing projects or media relations issues and events, anticipating and analyzing any trends and developments that require management input or action.
- Represent the PMFRC with community partners and funders on PMFRC and/or CFMWS communications or marketing issues, ensuring communications are aligned with the priorities of the PMFRC and funder’s requirements.
- Manage the day-to-day operational processes of the marketing team, ensuring quality work in support of PMFRC’s objectives and priorities. This includes establishing objectives and priorities for the marketing team by planning, organizing and directing the work of others involved in the delivery of various products and services, in support of military families.
- Forecast, plan, monitor and control financial resources assigned to the marketing department and contribute to PMFRC’s business planning process.
- Lead, manage, train, evaluate and mentor administrative support staff; evaluating workflow efficiencies, ensuring resources and expectations are clearly defined and met.
- Lead the delivery of presentations and to explain the PMFRC’s vision, mandate, strategic priorities and services to clients, the public and the media; to market and appropriately position departmental policy and programs decisions.
- Act as the lead contact for sponsorship development and coordination; managing a proactive development plan focused on enhancing fundraising initiatives. In collaboration with the Executive Director, further enhance the agency’s fundraising and sponsorship plan to support the strategic direction.
- Diploma or degree in public relations, marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a public relations position
- Project management experience working with service contractors (printers, graphic designers, web designers, video production companies, web developers etc).
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French a strong asset
- Effective at creating compelling written and oral communications and experiences when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective sponsorship development strategies and an ability to write grants and funding proposals.
- Demonstrated expertise in web design software, design software, contact management systems and desktop publishing.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and various social media tools.
- Knowledge of local media and public relations resources and strong networking abilities.
- Ability to bring energy, creativity and community relations expertise; making a substantial impact on the PMFRC while enhancing the image and positive relationships of the organization.
- Understanding the multi-tasking inherent to charitable organizations with limited resources; yet have the ability to effectively achieve responsibilities.
- Strong relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and build rapport with a wide range of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized and to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required.
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required. Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the families we serve.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew will be required.
- Exhibit characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour, and a non-judgmental philosophy of client-centred care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports.
Benefits: 2% RRSP matching after first year of employment, vacation, sick leave, health and dental benefits.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format; clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
- Closing Date: 21 June 2019 at noon
- Potential Start Date: 18 July 2019
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To review the complete job description visit www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|