|Algonquins of Pikwakanagan|
Location: Pikwakanagan, Ontario
Posted: November 15th 2020
Salary: $54,000.00 per year
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation (AoPFN) is a proud and progressive Algonquin community. Pikwakanagan is situated on the shores of Golden Lake and the Bonnechere River in Renfrew County. Located off of Highway 60, our community is 90 minutes west of Ottawa and 90 minutes hours east of Algonquin Park.
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Specialist. This is a full-time position for one year with the possibility of permanency.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of an effective communications strategy. The goal is to initiate and maintain relationships with the membership, media, employees, First Nation organizations, the governments of Canada and Ontario as well as the general public. The Communications Specialist provides information on Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation initiatives and policies.
Education & Experience:
- A degree in public relations, journalism, communications, English, or business with one year of work experience in working in public relations, communications and/or a media field, or
- Post-secondary school diploma in public relations, journalism, communications, English, or business with three years of experience working in public relations, communications and/or a media field, or
- A secondary school diploma with high academic achievement with 5-7 years of experience working in public relations, communications and/or a media field
- Proof of a degree, diploma or certificate qualification
- A minimum of a Class G driver’s licence and a driver’s abstract
- Able to provide a criminal record check
Closing: November 27, 2020 at 4:30pm
Interested persons must submit a resume demonstrating how the basic requirements are met and the names and day contact telephone numbers of your three most recent direct supervisors. If direct supervisor references are not available, then references that know your work may be accepted. Indicate which competition you are applying for by referencing the position title.
Applicants will be screened on the following:
- Conflict of interest - the applicant must not be a member of the supervisor’s immediate family
- Resume - the content will be reviewed to ensure the applicant meets the basic requirements
Affirmative Action Criteria:
Positions may be subject to AoPFN policy supported by Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act - Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policies.
|Christine Hutchinson, Economic Development Officer|
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan
1657A Mishomis Inamo,
Phone: 613-625-2800 ext. 253
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|