Media Sales Account Manager
Media Sales Account Manager
Location: Palmer Rapids, Ontario
Posted: April 27th 2021
Rapid Media is the world’s leading paddlesports media company. We produce Paddling Magazine, including our special annual 300+ page Paddling Buyer’s Guide and 200+ page Paddling Trip Guide travel issues.
We also produce Kayak Angler, the world’s leading kayak fishing magazine. Both our Paddling Magazine and Kayak Angler brands have significant digital assets, including industry-leading websites, flipbook and app editions, and the world’s most sophisticated online paddling buyer’s guides.
Rapid Media produces the international Paddling Film Festival World Tour and, now thanks to COVID, also the new Virtual Tour.
Over the last 21 years, we’ve worked hard to become North America’s most trusted paddlesports authority.
We are recruiting for a Media Sales Account Manager for Paddling Magazine and Kayak Angler.
Rapid Media is growing, and we are growing our media advertising department with one, or maybe two, new account managers.
We are looking for detailed customer-service focused individuals to help manage and support Rapid Media’s advertising operations, including our entire media mix of digital and print magazines, websites, newsletters, social media assets, native content, Paddling Buyer’s Guide, Paddling Trip Guide and the Paddling Film Festival. And whatever else we dream up in the meantime.
As an Account Manager, you will lead in the creation of strategic sales proposals, and develop ideas and concepts to solve client goals that are deeply rooted in storytelling and insights. You will serve as the client’s primary point of contact to ensure the success of the program and help drive renewals.
We are a tight team, in two small outdoorsy towns, in a very niche industry. We’re determined to find the right personality fit who has the right aptitude, vision and enthusiasm. You need to get the outdoors as well as digital media.
Specifically, we need people who are very organized, self-directed and who communicate well. If you think both creatively and strategically—and are willing and able to put your brilliant plans into action—you could be one of our perfect new hires.
Build successful client and agency relationships, growing the partnership and in selling through Rapid Media solutions and strategy
- Work with internal cross-disciplinary teams to maintain successful agency and advertiser relationships
- Hold a general knowledge of all aspects of industry and clients’ business and the ability to apply that knowledge to meaningful insights, counsel and planning for the client’s business and Rapid Media assignments
- Enter and manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for the program while providing reporting, monitoring program performance and delivery
- Partner with other internal teams to successfully launch and manage programs and production schedules
- Collaborating with and providing support to the publisher/advertising sales manager in various marketing and sales capacities, including e-newsletter generation, report generation, updates to selling tools, and promotions packages and campaigns
- Support, from time to time, of non-media sales activities associated with Rapid Media
- 2-3+ years experience working at a publisher, media or creative agency managing a brand’s digital advertising strategy, creative development and buying activities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the paddling and/or outdoor industry
- Experience partnering with internal teams to brainstorm solutions that achieve client goals and future needs
- Experience in a client interfacing role and comfortable presenting to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Worked on complex programs across a variety of spend levels and verticals, with proven success of client growth
- Experience reporting and monitoring program performance and delivery by working with distribution and advertising operations teams
- Experience and ability to tell a story using data, research and insights research
- Excellent sales acumen; strong communication, negotiating, and influence skills; and, creative and strategic thinking abilities
- Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Product Suite and/or Basecamp, Slack and Boostr knowledge
- An aversion to suits, traffic and smog
Sure it’s a long list, but we believe the right candidate will already know the skills and experience he or she will need to excel at all this.
Salary to commensurate with experience, of course.
The Offices: Cottage or Chalet
Headquarters is located in Palmer Rapids, which is a small rural community with a big heart. The cottagey office is on the river-right bank of the Madawaska River, five minutes downstream from class II-III+ Palmer Rapids, less than an hour from the mighty Ottawa River, and right in the middle between Algonquin Park and Calabogie Peaks ski resort. It’s only two hours to Ottawa and three hours to Toronto. Here we paddle, fish, ride bikes and ski regularly. And we go swimming from the dock at lunchtime… in the summer.
The Rapid Media team consists of publisher, director of marketing, media sales, advertising and sponsorship coordinator, magazine and web editors, graphic designers, film festival tour coordinator and finance and circulation managers. Most of us wear flip-flops every day and have never been caught wearing ties at our desks. Creep us at: paddlingmag.com/staff.
This is not a telecommuting position; only candidates who can work at the riverside Palmer Rapids office or Revelstoke mountain office will be considered.
Sound like the perfect combination of work and play?
- Send your CV. Please include the job title in the subject line.
- Please include a nice letter with a little about you. Like, why you’ll be an awesome fit for this position and our team.
- Let us know what your first five important tasks will be.
- Tell us why you prefer flywheels or funnels.
- Include links to any other relevant previous work, successes, achievements, or portfolios.
- Please include a list of relevant growth, tracking and analytics tools you’re a master of and suggest we use, if we’re not already.
If you think this job is amazing but not the perfect fit for you right now, see our other career opportunities here paddlingmag.com/careers/, or please forward this posting along. Thanks for doing so. Learn more about Rapid Media at: paddlingmag.com, kayakanglermag.com, paddlingfilmfestival.com.
Rapid Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or boats you paddle.
Palmer Rapids, Ontario
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|