Before and After School Supervisor
Before and After School Supervisor
|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: March 12th 2019
Salary: $20.51 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for a Multi-Site Before and After School (BAS) Supervisor. This is an indefinite, full-time position.
Under the direction of the Children’s Services Coordinator, the BAS Supervisor will maintain accountability for the day to day operations of the Before and After School (BAS) Program in a manner that contributes to the growth and development of the children. With two (2) direct reports, the Supervisor is accountable for the overall management of all aspects of the BAS Program within the PMFRC. The BAS Supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Ministry of Education’s Child Care and Early Years Act and other legislative guidelines as required. Duties may also include assisting with programs intended for facilitating children’s development (including social, emotional, physical and intellectual). The Supervisor must be creative, flexible, enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children.
- Early Childhood Education diploma and membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators is essential;
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a licensed child care setting;
- Proven leadership ability with previous supervisory experience;
- Understanding of, and ability to apply “How Does Learning Happen” Ontario's Pedagogy for the Early Years as a professional learning opportunity;
- Familiarity with all legislation according to the Child Care and Early Years Act of Ontario to ensure complete compliance with respect to ministry standards.
- Language Requirement: English Mandatory; French an asset.
- High energy level with a strong work ethic ensuring an inclusive environment where all children are cared for equally and in accordance with the Child Care & Early Years Act;
- Familiarity with "How Does Learning Happen?’ Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years;"
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within both an inter-disciplinary team and in a self-directed environment;
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized and to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English (French considered an asset);
- Experience with budget management and development;
- Strong understanding and sensitivity to the needs of the military lifestyle and families affiliated with the Canadian forces.
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Participate and assist with all special events when required.
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required. (Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the families we serve).
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew.
- Closing Date: 22 March 2019
- Potential Start Date: April 2019
Benefits: 2% RRSP matching after the first year of employment, vacation, sick leave, health and dental benefits.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|