|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: June 11th 2019
Salary: $15.86 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families. Our programs and services address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for an Educator. This is an indefinite, full-time position.
The Educator reports directly to the Childcare Supervisor and is responsible as a member of the childcare team for supporting the effective functioning of the childcare program.
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation on all children (ELECT documents, Ministry checklist’s, health reports, behaviour logs, communication book, child’s daily chart, incident reports and attendance logs)
- Keep an up-to-date ELECT observation log
- Ensure program goals are being met
- Ensure the delivery of a quality program that provides a positive educational environment to enhance the social, emotional physical and cognitive growth of each individual child
- Assist in the monthly plans of each day’s activities based upon ELECT tracking and the developmental needs of the children
- Ensure compliance with all provincial regulations and legislation under the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Establish a positive relationship with the children and appreciate the differences and sensitivities of each child
- Early Childhood Education diploma and membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Previous work experience in a licensed child care setting is preferred
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French an asset
- A clear understanding of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice in the ECE profession
- Display a high level of initiative
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Word
- Sensitivity and tact in dealing with people
- Familiarity with all legislation according to the Child Care and Early Years Act of Ontario to ensure complete compliance with respect to Ministry standards
- Exhibit knowledge with the ELECT document for the purposes of developmental tracking and program planning
- Understanding and sensitivity to the needs of the military lifestyle and families affiliated with the Canadian Forces
- Familiarity with How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Current immunization records
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required.
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required; flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the families we serve
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew will be required
- Exhibit characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour, and a non-judgmental philosophy of client-centred care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
Benefits: 2% RRSP matching after the first year of employment, vacation, sick leave, health and dental benefits
- Closing date: 21 June 2019 at noon
- Potential start date: 15 July 2019
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To review the complete job description visit www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
By applying to the PMFRC, you authorize us to store your information in order to contact you about future opportunities for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|