The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us atwww.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for a Childcare Service Supervisor for the PMFRC children's services team. This is a temporary, full-time position (12-month contract).
Under the direction of the Children’s Services Coordinator, the Childcare Supervisor will be responsible for the delivery, administration and facilitation of the day-to-day operations of the PMFRC childcare services.
Duties may also include assisting with programs intended for facilitating children’s development (including social, emotional, physical and intellectual). The Supervisor must be creative, flexible, enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children.
- Participate in staff recruitment to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Develop appropriate and reasonable staff and volunteer schedules to ensure that the program is adequately manned during operational hours.
- Submit quarterly statistical reports to the Children's Services Coordinator.
- Complete, secure and update regularly, all necessary documentation (personnel and program) to ensure adherence to ministry, municipal and agency guidelines.
- Supervision and management of staff, volunteers and placement students.
- Attend and conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Conduct performance evaluations on staff annually and at the completion of the probationary period.
- Exhibit characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour, a non-judgmental philosophy of care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within both an inter-disciplinary team and in a self-directed environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; bilingual capacity is an asset.
- Sensitivity and tact in dealing with people.
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the families we serve.
- The ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and maintain accurate records.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficiency in MS Office and navigating the internet is required.
Benefits: 6% vacation pay with each pay
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format; clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
Closing date: 21 October 2019 at noon
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To review the complete job description visit www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.