|Mack MacKenzie Motors|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: November 21st 2017
Mack MacKenzie Motors in Renfrew is your premier Chevrolet, Buick and GMC dealer. We offer a large inventory of used and certified pre-owned cars, trucks and SUVs as well as GM-certified parts and service.
We are currently seeking a Service Writer for our express lane.
This position welcomes customers and gathers the information required to identify and define the vehicle repair and maintenance work they require. Sells maintenance services and organizes the work schedule, while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Welcomes customers on arrival and collects the vehicle information
- Communicates the costs and nature of services with customers
- Advises customers on how to look after their cars and stresses the importance of maintenance, based on the manufacturer’s technical features
- Maintains high standards of customer satisfaction
- Provides service that creates positive referrals and reviews from customers
- Ensures that customers are informed of promotions and services offered by the dealership
- Responds to telephone requests for appointments and inquiries about work progress
- Arranges appointments for maintenance services
- Sells lubricating, safety inspection, and other services of similar nature
- Prepares a detailed and accurate estimate of the cost of labour and parts
- Determines time frame for completion of the work, verifies this with the shop dispatcher
- Has the customer sign the work order and provides them with a copy determines payment method and obtains credit approval, if necessary
- Checks how work is progressing through the day
- Contacts customers if there is any change in the estimate or the time frame for completion of the work, explains the cost and time required in detail, and obtains the appropriate authorization before any additional work is done
- Verifies the scope of the warranty coverage on the vehicle to be repaired before work has begun
- Examines work orders, to ensure that the work has been finished and that they indicate any additional repairs and authorizations
- Closes the work orders, in keeping with established procedures
- Ensures that cars are parked in the correct spaces
- Ensures that they are locked and that all the keys are labeled and properly organized
- Is an active participant in the quality control process.
- Inspects car bodywork, notifies customers if any work is necessary and prepares the estimate accordingly
- Maintains professional appearance and performs other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions
- Ability to work independently, and in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Ability to take action and maximize opportunities and minimize problems
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Excellent customer service skills
Please send resume via email (MS Word or PDF format) stating the position title in the subject line. Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position.
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Mack MacKenzie Motors
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|