Customer Service-Administrative Support
Customer Service-Administrative Support
|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: May 14th 2019
Salary: $15.00 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families. Our programs and services address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service-Administrative Support person. This is a casual (on call) position.
Under the direction of the Information Services Coordinator, the Customer Service-Administrative Support casual role is responsible for the welcoming of community members to the various PMFRC entities. This position responds to client’s requests, directs them to the applicable resource and/or program area. Their secondary responsibility is to provide a wide range of reception and administrative duties to all agency departments at their respective locations; South Side Community Centre, the Family Centre and the North Side.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service by welcoming community members, and direct them accordingly upon their arrival to the agency.
- Answer incoming calls, transferring to appropriate personnel, taking messages and ensuring timeliness when relaying correspondence and messages; taking appropriate action to inquiries when program staff are unavailable.
- Receive payments, issue receipts and record entries in general ledger.
- Balance cash floats, ensure accuracy with all cash and deposit transactions for both PMFRC and Recreation Complex.
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Participate in or assist with all special events when required.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Office administration or customer service training or course completion
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Experience working within a complex organization with multiple stakeholders
- A thorough understanding of Canadian Armed Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French a strong asset
- Full understanding of PMFRC programs and services, its funders, Garrison and community partners
- Strong relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and build rapport with a wide range of professionals
- Experience in a social or human services environment
- Display a high level of initiative with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within both an interdisciplinary team and in a self-directed environment
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher and the internet)
- Excellent interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive positive approach, and sensitivity and tact in dealing with people under stressful situations.
- Extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend will be required; primarily for the weekly youth volunteer program
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format; clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
- Closing date: 30 May 2019 at 12:00pm
- Potential start date: June 2019
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|