McGrimmon Holdings is a provider of rental apartments, townhomes and commercial properties in the Ottawa Valley. We currently manage more than 50 properties in the Renfrew and Cobden area. McGrimmon Holdings is currently recruiting for an Accountant-Controller. This is a full-time position.
The Accountant-Controller is responsible for day to day financial management of the corporations, management of the accounting team, year-end preparation, and assisting the owners with financial transactions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Ensure accurate and timely processing of key financial functions, budgets and analyses by:
- Preparing J/E’s and other input prior to GL entry.
- Reconciling of key GL accounts.
- Monitoring closely the timeliness of input from other departments.
- Preparing bank wire transfers, coordinating approvals and communicating confirmations.
- Preparing audit and tax working papers.
- Adhering in preparing divisional quarterly reporting packages.
- Coordinating the budget process and the final preparation of budgets.
- Assisting in year-end close.
This position also involves effectively managing and supporting the administrative team by:
- Coordinating and directing accounts payable and accounts receivable and their actions.
- Making recommendations to the president for team-building and educational planning.
- Developing and maintaining good relations with external departments (operations, AP, payroll, external auditors, etc.)