|Family and Children's Services of Renfrew County|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: December 22nd 2017
Family & Children's Services of Renfrew County helps families and communities in Renfrew County protect and support the development and well being of children, youth and adults through integrated services, prevention and social inclusion. We provide services of child welfare, developmental services, Ontario Early Years, KUMON math and reading and family visitation and exchange services.
We are currently recruiting for a Bilingual Receptionist. This is a full-time contract for six months.
This unionized position will provide primary reception coverage for the main office. It is a fast-paced position that, as part of the greater corporate service team, this position plays a vital role in the first impression of the agency, as well as the behind the scenes workings of the agency.
- Answer and direct incoming calls using multi-line phone system.
- Greet clients in person.
- Direct requests appropriately, in accordance with Family and Children’s Services operations and procedures.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail, fax and other deliveries.
- Maintain orderliness in waiting area and interview rooms as well as maintain snack and toy chest for children who visit this office.
- Assist with agency volunteer drives for children in care.
- Coordinate and maintain bookings for meeting and access rooms.
- Administrative duties for staff including processing agency correspondence.
- Process email requests, monitor reception email inbox.
- Attend as required agency committee meetings and external committee meetings.
- Attend, as required, team meetings and all-staff meetings
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor for Administrative Services.
- Successful completion of an administration or business program.
- Ability to deliver consistent, professional and bilingual reception services to clients, community members and staff.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Above average organizational skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Computer skills – knowledgeable about computer-based technologies relevant to report writing, the collection and maintenance of client information, data and other common office tasks.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent public relations skills, self-discipline and good judgement.
- Respect for confidentiality and professionalism in a child welfare organization with an ability to be objective regarding case material.
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures is considered an asset.
- Must be bilingual
The salary for this position is on the administration scale, per the collective agreement.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter and reference “Reception” in the subject line.
|Human Resources Coordinator|
Family and Children's Services of Renfrew County
77 Mary Street, Suite 100,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|