The Town of Renfrew is recruiting for an Office Coordinator to work in the Development & Works Department. This is a casual, part-time position.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Works, the casual, part-time Office Coordinator would provide backup support to the Office Coordinator and the development and works team. The department is responsible for public works, planning, building, capital planning, engineering, waste management and provision of water and wastewater among other services provided.
The incumbent must possess a high degree of competency in a computerized environment and be familiar with Microsoft programs, Word, Excel and Access. Experience with corporate financial systems and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) would be an asset.
In addition, the candidate will:
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele;
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Coordinate communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
- Maintain departmental filing systems and records
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members, confidential file maintenance of paper and electronic documents, report research and preparation
- Manage departmental content on the website.
- Post-secondary education in office administration or related field, with a minimum of three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, elected officials, and members of public and outside agencies.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required;
- Proficiency in financial systems software is an asset;
- Strong planning and organizational abilities;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the support team.
Hours of work: casual, part-time, roughly 12 hours per week and on an as-needed basis.
Closing date: May 23, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
The Town of Renfrew offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please forward your resume and a cover letter.