Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: July 4th 2019
Murphy Ford is a third-generation Ford dealership that has been a part of the Ottawa Valley community since 1966. The Service Department is an integral part of our dealership. We provide a wide range of quality care services to help keep our customers’ vehicles in great shape all year.
We are currently recruiting for an Automotive Technician to join our team. This is a full-time position.
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with manufacturer guidelines
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc.
- Provide labour and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay current with rapidly changing technology
- Inspect and test new vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Ability to assist apprentices
Please note that you must have Red Seal Certification to apply for this position. In addition, the most successful candidates for this position will have the following:
- Automotive Service Technician certificate
- Two or more years of experience working in an automotive environment
- Valid driver’s licence
- Team-oriented, flexible and committed to the job
- High level of customer service
Previous experience and training with Ford is a definite asset but is not required. We will provide the training.
The position is Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays as required.
Please apply by email or bring your resume to the Service Department at Murphy Ford and ask for Greg Barr.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Murphy Ford is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
|Greg Barr, Service Manager|
1341 Pembroke Street West,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|