Environmental Services Workers
Environmental Services Workers
|Carefor Health & Community Services|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: March 1st 2018
Carefor Health & Community Services offers home care services, community support and operates the Pembroke Civic Complex retirement residence. Carefor provides frozen meals, transportation and visiting programs as well as personal and home support, foot care programs, companion sitters and a going home program which allows for transition from a medical stay back to the home. We operate throughout Renfrew County and are one of the region's most recognized healthcare providers.
We are currently recruiting for a Environmental Support Workers. These positions are part-time and based out of our Pembroke office.
About The Role
Reporting to the Building Services Supervisor, the Environmental Service Worker provides the residents with a clean, safe environment, and assists in keeping the building neat and tidy, to provide a home-like environment. The Environmental Services Worker provides quality housekeeping, janitorial & laundry services that meets the standards set out in the policies and procedures.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of housekeeping, janitorial and laundry services
- Maintains a clean, safe, home-like environment for Carefor residents
- Cleans, dusts, scrubs or vacuums resident rooms, common and public areas, including bathrooms, lounges, activity rooms, and hallways according to the cleaning schedule and according to policy and procedures
- Mops and waxes floors routinely
- Changes resident beds and launders personal clothing and linens on assigned units
- Collects garbage from rooms, lounges and other areas and deposits in the designated area
- Cleans rooms when vacated by residents and prepares room for incoming resident
- Keeps supply rooms and laundry facilities clean and tidy and packs supplies according to the appropriate procedures
- Follows infection control policies and procedures for housekeeping or janitorial duties
- Functions and reports in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, regulations, and Carefor policies and procedures
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Secondary school education preferred
- WHMIS certification
- Experience as a janitor, or in housekeeping is considered an asset
- Experience working in nursing home or similar environment is considered an asset
- Experience providing customer service, especially to seniors and adults with mental illnesses
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and follow oral and written direction
- Ability to work independently
- Available for 7 days a week operation with occasional flexible working hours, including days, evenings, night and weekend shifts
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety and infection prevention and control as it relates to the job
Candidates must demonstrate the following characteristics: effective communication, accountability, client and customer focus, teamwork, quality improvement, adaptability to change, and caring and respect
The part-time Environmental Support Workers (ESW) will work 2-3 shifts per week. All ESWs will work a combination of night and day shifts and weekends. The day shifts are predominately housekeeping responsibilities and the night shifts are predominately janitorial responsibilities. The rotation is subject to change in the future as the program develops and additional shifts are added.
The successful candidates will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
Carefor is committed to employment equity and diversity and invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Carefor Human Resources Advisor at that time.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca
|Human Resources Advisor|
Carefor Health & Community Services
425 Cecelia Street,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|