Capital Projects Coordinator
Capital Projects Coordinator
|Renfrew County District School Board|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: January 9th 2018
The Renfrew County District School Board is currently recruiting for a Capital Projects Coordinator.
Reporting to the Manager of Facility Services, the Capital Projects Coordinator is a key leader within the Facility Services team. The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, coordination and management of various capital projects/programs ranging in size from minor renovations to vital construction projects.
- Act as the lead for design development of the Board’s capital project priorities
- Generate project requirements in conjunction with third-party consultants and assist in the development of tender documents
- Ensure ongoing communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate engineering, construction and maintenance staff across multiple sites, including oversight and leadership of third party contractors
- Provide ongoing review of project progress with respect to quality, schedule and budget
- Plan and prepare budgets and oversee the installation of temporary classroom accommodations
- Participate in the Board’s asset renewal strategy for the upkeep of critical building components
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the Board’s Long-Term Accommodation Plan and Long-Term Facility Renewal Strategy to ensure the asset value and safety of the Board’s buildings are retained
- Oversee purchasing and vendor management compliance
- Develop, maintain, communicate and implement policies, procedures and operational guidelines as they relate to capital and facility renewal programs
- Maintain accurate field documentation of all projects and verify project costs
- Prepare and monitor project health and safety plans
- Post-secondary education in related field (Engineering, Architecture, Building Sciences, Construction)
- Minimum seven years of experience in construction and/or project management
- Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with municipal approval processes, consultant/construction contracts and tendering procedures within the broader public sector, relevant government regulations, the Ontario Building Code and school design an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and relevant regulations
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Willingness to work after hours to meet project and system needs as required
Applicants are asked to submit a letter of application and detailed resume outlining qualifications, skills and experience related to this job opportunity. Candidates are required to include proof of qualifications and three professional references with authorization to contact.
Applications referencing file number ADM- 1036 will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on January 31, 2018 via email (.doc, .pdf or .rtf formats only).
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a vulnerable sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the Board.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renfrew County District School Board
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|