Third-Class Operating Engineer
Third-Class Operating Engineer
|Roseburg Forest Products|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 24th 2020
Salary: $32.22 per hour
Roseburg Forest Products is a closely-held forest products company, building value with timberland, safe and efficient manufacturing and passionate, capable people. Roseburg Forest Products markets quality products and provide superior customer service at a profit to sustain growth. Roseburg Forest Products is vertically integrated with timberlands and facilities across North America.
We currently have opportunities for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as a Third-Class Operating Engineer. This is a full-time position. This position includes a $1,000 retention bonus.
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Engineer or their designate, the Third-Class Operating Engineer will be responsible for providing flexibility within the team and the mill by learning other operating roles. The Third-Class Operating Engineer will also be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the natural gas, sander dust burner, hog fuel-fired thermal oil heaters, high-pressure (150 psi) steam boilers, boiler feed water, central stack emission monitoring and thermal oil heating systems and other associated equipment as the shift operating engineer. All mandatory duties will be performed in accordance with TSSA rules and regulations.
Additional duties of this position include:
- Operate automated or computerized control systems
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment
- Measure temperatures, fuel flow and pressures
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunctions
- Troubleshoot, perform minor repairs and perform routine, preventative and corrective maintenance
- Complete boiler and de-aerator blowdown and safety device testing as per TSSA requirements
- Assist the shift team with upset conditions in production as long as the heat plant is stable and under control
- Be responsible for maintaining a stable thermal oil temperature while avoiding over temperatures
- Be responsible to operate all boilers and de-aerators according to our SOP and TSSA regulations
- Model company core values
- Follow health and safety policies and programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Third-Class Operating Engineer certification
- Must be able to prove they are or willing to work towards their Second-Class Operating Engineer certification
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience preferably within the pulp and paper or board manufacturing industry would be considered an asset
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and understand a continuous process environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task under upset conditions
In addition to competitive wages, we offer a comprehensive benefits package (including major medical, dental, vision care, short term and long-term disability and life insurance), company matched RRSP contribution plan and gain-sharing program, retention bonus and three weeks of paid vacation.
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of Roseburg-Pembroke MDF's pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and reference checks.
Roseburg Forest Products Canada is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
You may also apply by email.
Roseburg Forest Products
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|