Manager of Public Works
Manager of Public Works
|Algonquins of Pikwakanagan|
Location: Pikwakanagan, Ontario
Posted: May 3rd 2021
Salary: $65,625-$84,500 per year
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation (AOPFN) is a proud and progressive Algonquin community. Pikwakanagan is situated on the shores of Golden Lake and the Bonnechere River in Renfrew County. Located off of Highway 60, our community is 90 minutes west of Ottawa and 90 minutes hours east of Algonquin Park.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager of Public Works. This is a full-time, permanent position for a two year term with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Are you an experienced and professional public works manager and/or project leader looking for your next exciting project? AOPFN is seeking a Manager of Public Works to lead all public works and infrastructure projects as approved by our First Nation government. A new water treatment plant is at the forefront and is currently in the design stage so you will have an immediate opportunity to lead this critical project from design to successful completion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads and manages infrastructure projects from concept design to completion including building the necessary human and fiscal capacity for the operation and ongoing maintenance as may be required (i.e. water treatment plant at 33% design stage).
- Plans, directs, coordinates, implements and evaluates all programs and activities in relation to public works department within a fiscally responsible framework.
- Provides professional advice and recommendations in areas of expertise, including civil and structural engineering, land use planning, housing, grounds and facilities maintenance.
- Develops and manages the public works department budget, capital assets, equipment, tools, negotiates leasehold agreements, contracts for services.
- Fosters and maintains sound working relationships with all AOPFN departments and staff, members of the community, government representatives, and all other key stakeholders in relation to AOPFN lands, resources, infrastructure and public services.
- Directs, coordinates, and evaluates the department, including supervising employees and contractors in accordance with AOPFN policies, goals, plans, applicable reserve, federal, provincial and municipal laws, bylaws, standards, codes, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree (chemical, environmental or civil engineering focus is preferred)
- Registered P.Eng. in Ontario is preferred
- 10+ years experience in project management, design and construction related to infrastructure
- Experience in budget preparation, reporting techniques, contract administration, tendering techniques, project management and supervision of personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication including the ability to simplify and present technical and complex information to a variety of audiences so that it is easily understandable
- Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, leading diverse teams and creating and building key and meaningful partnerships both within and outside of the organization
- Working knowledge of the practice, operation, and maintenance of First Nations infrastructure as well as First Nations and local government functions and responsibilities
Closing: Friday, May 21, 2021 at 4:30pm.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be bondable
- Must consent to a criminal record and judicial matters background check and upon receiving the results from the provider, consent to their release to the AOPFN
Preference will be given to those applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit.
Please specify the number of years of relevant experience and highlight the key projects you have worked on in your application and/or cover letter. In addition, please provide three references which include at least one direct manager or supervisor.
The intent of this process is to establish a pool of fully or partially qualified candidates that could be used to staff similar positions with various tenures at AOPFN.
|Tiffany Dedo, Employment Development Officer|
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan
1657A Mishomis Inamo,
Phone: 613-625-2800 ext. 237
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|