Renfrew County is located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley in Eastern Ontario and stretches from the outskirts of Canada's capital. The district covers an area that reaches to Deep River in the north-west, Arnprior in the east and the edges of Algonquin Park in the south.
We educate 9,400 students in 28 schools and are the third-largest employer in Renfrew County. At the Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB), we celebrate the unique contributions of each individual. We cultivate an environment that values imagination and innovation. We guide and support our students as they consider the evolving opportunities of the 21st century and discover their own pathways to success. As a member of the RCDSB team, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment.
The Renfrew County District School Board is currently recruiting for an Early Childhood Educator. This is an occasional position, commencing immediately and to end on or before June 30, 2021 or upon the return of the incumbent. This position is at Valour JK to12 School.
The early learning program team, which involves kindergarten teachers and early childhood educators, will be working in partnership with school administration, parents, other staff members and community groups to provide our children with a stronger start in a safe, caring and respectful learning environment.
Summary of Duties:
- Design and implement in an early learning environment an enriched program that addresses children’s development, abilities, special talents, interest, style and pace of learning in partnership with the kindergarten teacher.
- Collaborate with kindergarten teachers, other early childhood educators and parents to implement the full-day early learning kindergarten program.
- Observe, monitor and assess the development and progress of pupils in junior kindergarten and kindergarten (for example via journals, observations, assessment tools and student portfolios).
- Communicate with families and participate in team and parent meetings (if appropriate depending on the length of assignment).
- Maintain a safe, caring and respectful learning environment that recognizes and respects individual differences in children.
- Other duties to be assigned by the principal.
- Two-year early childhood education diploma with at least two years related experience, comparable to the duties listed above, in an early learning environment.
- Proof of registration and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and in a sensitive and courteous manner with children, staff, parents and community members.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully designing, preparing, implementing and enhancing early learning opportunities.
- Proven ability to thrive and work in a team environment.
- First Aid, CPR(C) and WHMIS certification.
- Proficiency in computer applications (word processing, e-mail and internet).
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
Applications will be accepted until 12:00pm on November 27, 2020.
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a current vulnerable sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the board.
Please advise the human resources department HRDept@rcdsb.on.ca prior to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.