Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker
|Reference Number: #21-01|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: January 7th 2021
Salary: $25.39-$25.73 per hour
Bonnechere Manor is a 180-bed long-term care home that is owned and operated by the County of Renfrew. Bonnechere Manor provides 24-hour nursing care for long-term residents and respite residents and provides structured and supervised programs. We are located in Renfrew. With a person-centered approach, Bonnechere Manor is a safe and caring community to live and work.
We are currently recruiting for a Food Service Worker. This is a part-time, contract position to January 1, 2022.
Under the direction of the Food Service Supervisor or designate, the Food Service Worker is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of food service ensuring high standards in a sanitary environment. This position operates in a way that is consistent with the mission and philosophy of Bonnechere Manor, contributes to the efficient operation of the dietary department within an interdisciplinary resident-focused team.
- Grade 12 education or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Food Service Worker Program certificate (approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and recognized by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care), or a diploma in a cook or chef course (from an established college), have attained inter-provincial standards Red Seal program status or an equivalent program as determined by the employer
- Food Safety Awareness Program certificate as approved by a public health unit
- Experience in a long-term care setting is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work with others in a team environment
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties
- Ability to perform shift work requirement in a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation
- Demonstrate regular attendance in keeping with the County of Renfrew attendance support program
- Ability to meet and maintain health requirement standards as per the long-term care legislation
In addition to a competitive salary, this position includes a benefits opt-in option.
Closing: January 21, 2021 at 4:00pm.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in MS Word or PDF format, in confidence.
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
|Human Resources, County of Renfrew|
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|