|Renfrew County Catholic District School Board|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: October 15th 2020
Located in Eastern Ontario approximately 100 km northwest of Ottawa, the Renfrew County Catholic District School Board (RCCDSB) operates a Catholic school system for approximately 4,580 students with a deep commitment to faith and faith development in a vibrant educational environment. The RCCDSB has 20 schools (18 elementary and two secondary schools) in 14 communities in which the majority are rural. The board is composed of both unionized and non-unionized employee groups.
We are currently recruiting for a Payroll-Finance Lead. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Under the direction and supervision of the Controller and Payroll Officer and working directly with human resources, plant services, transportation and school administration, the Payroll-Finance Lead will process payroll, code and verify employee expense claims and prepare invoices for the Renfrew County Catholic District School Board. In addition, the Payroll-Finance Lead will support integration activities, change management and payroll projects as directed by the Superintendent, with a focus on automating processes.
- Collection and submission of payroll information to a payroll service provider;
- Administering bi-weekly and/or monthly payroll for employees in multiple unions;
- Processing and supervising the payroll function and long-term disability claims for several employee groups;
- Assisting with the assignment of general ledger accounts for absence reporting;
- Reconciling payroll payments to associated general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and inputting into accounting system;
- Coordinating payroll year-end practices, documentation and general ledger reconciliation, including T4 preparation and system configuration and updates;
- Assisting in the preparation of payroll budgets and any necessary research;
- Accurately and efficiently calculating earnings and related deductions;
- Completing payroll reports, including ROEs, government remittances, EI requests etc.;
- Ensuring compliance with board policies and all regulatory and contractual obligations;
- Assisting with the implementation of electronic processing of payroll;
- Ensuring projects meet objectives on time;
- Dealing with all aspects of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) and the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS);
- Completing various government applications relating to payroll;
- Providing clear and timely communication to all employees regarding payroll policies and procedures, updates and deadlines;
- Providing backup support for the Payroll Officer;
- Code employee expense claims and certify for accuracy and completeness;
- Prepare supplementary financial reports and assist with various financial applications;
- Prepare invoices to various agencies;
- Other related duties.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in an accounting or business field combined with payroll compliance practitioner certification or equivalent, or working towards PCP certification;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll experience, preferably in the education sector or in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System is an asset;
- Experience in computerized payroll systems, HRIS databases and accounting systems;
- Proficient knowledge of payroll, accounting and budgeting procedures and practices;
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive confidential issues under stressful conditions;
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and timelines with little supervision;
- Knowledge of legislation as it relates to payroll responsibilities;
- Superior organizational, mathematical, analytical and research skills; interpersonal, communication, leadership and time management skills;
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines and handle multiple priorities;
- Be a self-motivated team player capable of accomplishing tasks with limited supervision;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy combined with a proven ability to multi-task;
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts, with a focus on automating processes;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Closing: November 16, 2020 at 12:00pm.
This established full-time position with an equal opportunity employer is not affiliated with a bargaining unit. It is on a calendar year basis and offers a wide range of assignments. This position includes a competitive salary, pension and benefits.
Please apply through www.applytoeducation.com.
It is imperative that all new applicants to the board submit an original current, satisfactory vulnerable screening criminal background check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RCCDSB is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position, you should advise the human resources department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
|Renfrew County Catholic District School Board|
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|