Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
|St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation|
Location: Barry's Bay, Ontario
Posted: October 16th 2020
St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation is recruiting for a Donor Relations Coordinator. This is a full-time position for a one-year maternity leave.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Donor Relations Coordinator will assist with the development, planning and implementation of the foundation’s annual fundraising programs and events. The Donor Relations Coordinator will be responsible for building and fostering community relationships which will enhance the ability of the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation to raise funds for local healthcare. This opportunity will include administrative duties, marketing, social media and database information management, reporting and analysis.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, participates in the annual fundraising planning and budget setting the process to determine goals for foundation events and programs.
- Monitors progress against the plan and advises the Executive Director when adjustments to the plan are required.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of detailed planning of fundraising programs and events for the foundation, including social media and website strategies.
- Ensures the financial success of events by securing community participation and sponsorship.
- Liaises and negotiates with suppliers and partners.
- Acts as the primary contact for third party events and provide an appropriate level of support.
- Assists with all aspects of the direct mail program including theme development and messaging, donor database segmentation, stewardship strategies and analyzing results.
- Looks for opportunities to enhance or implement new fundraising initiatives for consideration.
- Coordinates all areas of the volunteer cycle including recruitment, screening, orientation, training and appreciation for foundation committees and initiatives.
- Supports fundraising by building an effective database and ensures accurate data entry including appropriate coding, documenting donor contact history, updating associated receipt-thank you letters, filtering reports and analyzing data as required.
- Serves as a database expert in collaboration with foundation staff.
- Ensures that details of stewardship activities and plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties and that the plan is documented, implemented and included in a moves management system.
- Identifies and uses effective communication and manages messages, both orally and in writing, in a clear, sensitive and professional manner for a variety of audiences.
- Administrative duties include providing support to the Executive Director and board, general office management, coordinating and scheduling meetings, working with donors and leadership volunteers, assisting with material preparation, meeting minutes and follow up items.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of work experience in a fundraising environment; CFRE designation is an asset
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to write for a variety of mediums including newsletters, social media, brochures, letters and more
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and experience working with databases, mass email and mail merges
- Proficient in social media, website updates and graphic design knowledge
- Demonstrated time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain new and existing relationships with foundation stakeholders including donors, volunteers, staff and partners
- Highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on various tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving and good judgment
- Experience working with groups and delivering presentations
- A positive attitude
- The ability to take responsibility, be accountable, deal with change in the workplace and be innovative
- Familiarity with project and event planning
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Some evening and weekend work to accommodate fundraising activities
- Responds to enquiries from the general public (in person, on phone and email)
- Works with a high degree of integrity and ethical standards when dealing with confidential issues and data
- Sitting or standing for extended periods and involves significant use of office equipment and computers
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 20lbs especially during set up and takedown of events
The foundation offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact on local healthcare in our community and the opportunity to have a rewarding career experience where your contributions can make a difference in the lives of others every day.
Please email your resume with a cover letter by November 6, 2020.
|Erin Gienow, Executive Director|
St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation
7 St. Francis Memorial Drive, PO Box 129,
Barry's Bay, Ontario
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|