Towneplace Inn and Suites by Marriott Petawawa
DSH hospitality is a progressive management company that has developed a strong leadership team with over 100 combined years of hospitality experience. Our inclusive approach to business encourages growth and reciprocal long term dedication.
We are seeking an experienced General Manager to lead our team in the day-to-day operation of an 80-room Towneplace Inn and Suites soon to be opening in Petawawa.
Our goal is to provide the best possible hospitality environment for all our employees and customers. As the General Manager, you will develop a strong team through solid recruitment, ongoing training and daily encouragement. If you are someone who leads by example and you are willing to roll up your sleeves, this could be the position for you. We are looking for someone with prior hotel management experience who will foster an environment that focuses on revenue generation, cost control and guest satisfaction you may have what it takes to become part of our team.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- The ability to meet or exceed established budgetary guidelines for the hotel while maintaining exceptional customer service.
- Someone who ensures timely and accurate reporting and provide controls to ensure the proper handling of all hotel receipts and operating expenses.
- The ability to maintain credit policies in sales, reservations and the front desk.
- Supervise collection activities.
- Ensure consistent, timely maintenance and upkeep of the hotel to achieve the highest cleanliness and property upkeep standards.
- Provide a system of on-going preventative maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Conduct effective recruiting and interviews.
- Motivate, coach, and counsel team members in order to attract and retain talent.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with local, provincial and federal laws and regulations.