Antrim Truck Stop is a multi-faceted, local business serving the Ottawa Valley for 40 years. As part of the truck stop, The Hangar Restaurant is a 148-seat, clean, family-style restaurant that is open from 5:00am until 11:00pm, 7 days a week. The restaurant features good old country cooking with homemade meals that are cooked fresh from scratch throughout the day and served to you by our friendly servers.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, full-time Kitchen Manager to supervise the daily operations of the kitchen staff. As the Kitchen Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels. Ultimately, you will ensure all plates are properly cooked and served and our customers have a pleasant dining experience
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have proven culinary and management experience. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and organizational abilities. Additional qualifications include:
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Chef
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
- Certification from a culinary school or degree in restaurant management is a plus
Antrim provides a climate-controlled modern kitchen and a dynamic work environment. The successful applicant will be offered flexible hours and a competitive compensation package that includes health and dental benefits and life insurance.
We appreciate every applicant's interest in working with us. We will invite those candidates who are best suited for this position to an interview. Please let us know of any accommodation you might require when contacted for the interview.
Please forward your resume by email in MS Word or PDF format.