|Carefor Health & Community Services|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: January 2nd 2018
Carefor Health & Community Services offers home care services, community support and operates the Pembroke Civic Complex retirement residence. Carefor provides frozen meals, transportation and visiting programs as well as personal and home support, foot care programs, companion sitters and a going home program which allows for transition from a medical stay back to the home. We operate throughout Renfrew County and are one of the region's most recognized healthcare providers.
We are currently recruiting for a Program Manager – Pembroke-Renfrew County.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Pembroke-Renfrew County, the Program Manager is responsible for the overall planning, direction, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of residential care and other related programs in Renfrew County. The successful applicant’s primary focus will be the development and management of two residential programs as well as the provision of clinical leadership and support to clients, families, and staff in the achievement of client, program, and organizational goals of Carefor programs and services. The Program Manager will be required to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders as a component of their program management and development responsibilities.
- Supervision, management, coordination, development, and evaluation of residential programs
- Coach and lead staff in support of attaining individual and operational performance objectives
- Build consensus and commitment with stakeholders to meet the needs of programs and services
- Monitor and perform human resource management activities including recruitment, selection, health and safety, continuing education, performance development and performance appraisals
- Monitor and performs program management activities within the scope of available resources, program standards, best practice guidelines, Carefor policies and procedures, and relevant legislation
- Identifies and analyze trends and issues facing the program and service requirements
- Develop strategic alliances and partnerships within the community to promote programs and services
- Maintain excellent external relations with family members, family physicians, and other community agencies involved with the client their families
- Degree, diploma or certification in one of the following disciplines: Nursing, Recreation, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Health Administration, or related field
- A minimum of four years of progressive management experience in a community or residential care setting
- Experience in external relations, negotiations, conflict management, program management and staff supervision
- Comprehensive understanding of residential and community health care systems
- Experience working and leading in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of quality management, risk management, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority standards and legislation
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be considered an asset
Interested applicants should apply via email no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday January 17, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
|Sherrie Haskin, Human Resources Advisor|
Carefor Health & Community Services
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|