|Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: February 2nd 2018
Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence is conveniently located just steps away from Pembroke Mall and the historic Champlain Trail Museum. Offering a safe and family-like environment in a single-storey bungalow-style building, Chartwell Pinewood residents can enjoy a variety of amenities, such as beautifully landscaped patio and grounds, a sunroom, library and elegant dining room.
With the support of our dedicated employees, we strive daily to deliver on our shared vision of making people’s lives better by offering respect, comfort and peace of mind.
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Guest Attendant that will work in our care team. The Guest Attendant provides personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines
- Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration
- Performs other related duties as required
- Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and nights. The successful candidate must provide a current Vulnerable Position Sector Screening (VPS) and criminal record check.
If you are interested in applying for this position and would enjoy the opportunity to work with seniors, please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to us as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Chartwell Retirement Residences. Please be advised that only those invited to an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
|Marcia Leach, Hiring Manager|
Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence
1022 Pembroke Street East,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|