Director, Food Services
Director, Food Services
|Renfrew Victoria Hospital|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: April 9th 2019
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) Food Services Department provides inpatient food services, operates a cafeteria and implements programs such as healthy foods in hospitals and Meals on Wheels.
We are currently recruiting for a Director, Food Services. This is a temporary, full-time position for 12 months.
The Director, Food Services is responsible for the organization and direction of the Dietary Department within the context of these functions and in accordance with the hospital’s strategic plan. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual who has strong management and interpersonal skills, leadership ability, and several years’ experience working in a healthcare setting.
Key focuses of the position include:
- managing the day-to-day operations of the department;
- managing fiscal, human and material resources;
- identifying and implementing innovative approaches to achieve departmental objectives;
- active participation on the hospital wellness committee;
- equipment procurement, and
- maintaining compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in nutrition or equivalent education;
- Membership in the Dietitians of Canada organization;
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Minimum of three years of recent management experience in a healthcare environment;
- Experience working with menu management software and technology;
- Sound knowledge of legislative and industry standards;
- Ability to make frequent independent decisions and adaptations of standard procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and achieve objectives within deadlines, and,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes by 12:00 p.m. on April 26, 2019.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851.
|Julia Boudreau, V.P. Corporate Services|
Renfrew Victoria Hospital
499 Raglan Street North,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|