Registered Practical Nurse
Registered Practical Nurse
|Carefor Health and Community Services|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 18th 2020
Carefor Health & Community Services offers home care services, community support and operates the Pembroke Civic Complex retirement residence. Carefor provides frozen meals, transportation and visiting programs as well as personal and home support, foot care programs, companion sitters and a going home program which allows for the transition from a medical stay back to the home. We operate throughout Renfrew County and are one of the region's most recognized healthcare providers.
Carefor Health & Community Services is currently recruiting for a Registered Practical Nurse. This is a casual position that is available immediately.
Our Registered Practical Nurses provide quality nursing care and assistance to residents with the goal of helping individual residents attain an optimal level of independence and well-being. Medication administration is a key component of their responsibilities, in addition to providing leadership to the care team through teaching and delegation.
- Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client utilizing established procedures
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and health care team
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organizing of day’s work activities
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching
- Observe and assess healthcare levels according to a level of practice
- Registered Practical Nurse diploma from an approved college
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- 3-5 years of experience working in a retirement home, nursing home or similar environment
- Experience working with seniors or adults with dementia, Alzheimer's disease and mental illness
- Able to work a variety of shifts in a 24-7 operation (days, evenings and weekends)
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching skills in a healthcare setting
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work collectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Able to work independently and prioritize duties in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Certificate in gerontology (asset)
- Certificate in crisis prevention intervention (asset)
- Certificate in gentle persuasive approach (asset)
The successful candidate will be prepared to begin employment as soon as possible.
Carefor is committed to employment equity and diversity and invites applications from women, Aboriginal People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfil all position requirements.
This position is open to all interested and qualified parties. This is a non-unionized position.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Carefor human resources advisor at that time.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community, visit: www.carefor.ca
|Cindy Gale, Human Resources Administrator|
Carefor Health and Community Services
700 Mackay Street,
Phone: 613-732-3949 ext.1117
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|