Child and Youth Counsellor
Child and Youth Counsellor
|Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation|
Location: Pikwakanagan, Ontario
Posted: May 14th 2019
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation is a proud and progressive Algonquin community. Pikwakanagan is situated on the shores of Golden Lake and the Bonnechere River in Renfrew County. Located off of Highway 60, our community is 90 minutes west of Ottawa and 90 minutes hours east of Algonquin Park.
We are currently recruiting for a Child and Youth Counsellor. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Child and Youth Counsellor reports to the Adult Mental Health Counsellor and is responsible for providing the coordination and delivery of mental health clinical counselling and support services to children and youth and the on-going development of child and youth mental health and addiction services.
- Child and Youth Worker or Social Service Worker diploma.
- 1 year of experience counselling children and youth.
- A minimum of a valid class G driver’s licence and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Child, youth and family clinical counselling and therapeutic interventions.
- Mental health services for interdisciplinary care.
- Aboriginal mental health issues with some knowledge of traditional healing practices.
- Mental health legislation, mandates, standards of practice, policies and procedures.
- Provide counselling, therapy, brief intervention, crisis intervention and group therapy to children, youth and their families.
- Provide mental health services to clients one-on-one and in group settings.
- Specialized therapeutic interventions training and certificates are assets.
- Researching, analyzing, concept building, utilization and organization.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Use of tact, discretion and a professional level of confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, reliable and thorough.
- Sensitive to Aboriginal culture and values.
Closing: May 24, 2019
Conditions of Employment:
- Proof of registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and annual compliance with the quality assurance continuing competence program to maintain membership.
- Proof of professional liability insurance.
- Provide an acceptable Criminal Records Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Proof of a minimum of a class G driver’s licence and a driver’s abstract.
Interested persons must submit a resume and covering letter stating how the basic requirements are met and three previous employer or employment reference names. It is your responsibility to become familiar with the complete job description and statement of qualifications.
Applications will be accepted in person or through the mail only in a sealed envelope marked personal and confidential and addressed to the attention of the contact person. No applications will be accepted by fax.
The Algonquins of Pikwàkanagàn First Nation has the right to shortlist for interview purposes to the five (5) most qualified persons. To obtain a job description and statement of qualifications please contact the name below.
The Board will screen all applications as presented. Applicants will be screened on the following:
- Conflict of Interest-the applicant must not be a member of the supervisor’s immediate family
- Resume - the Board will review the contents of the application to ensure the applicant meets the basic requirements as identified in this ad
- References - the Board will conduct reference checks as part of the hiring process.
|Sandi Wright, Adult Mental Health Counsellor-Supervisor|
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation
1643 Mishomis Inamo, P.O. Box 86,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|