Assistant Community Living Worker
Assistant Community Living Worker
|Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: October 3rd 2019
Salary: $17.82-$18.66 per hour
Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley (CLUOV) supports local adults with intellectual disabilities by providing assistance with employment opportunities, housing (including independent living), respite care and personal support with day-to-day activities. The people we support are between the ages of 18 and 70.
We are currently recruiting for two Assistant Community Living Workers to join our team. These positions are permanent, full-time positions (63 hours bi-weekly) for awake night shifts.
About The Role:
As an Assistant Community Living Worker, you will be making a difference in someone's life. Our agency is actively involved in the community so that the people we support have their best opportunities. Your role can vary from helping with life skills and personal care to assisting with employment or volunteer choices. Your work will be one-on-one for the most part but you will contribute to a team where everyone benefits from shared experiences.
- Communicating clearly with individuals, families, community members and CLUOV
- Being committed to an important role in the lives of people who rely on CLUOV for support
- Promoting an individual's well-being through personal care, medication management, and other life skills
- Always working in a safe manner and consistent in following CLUOV policies
- Proactively contributing to the CLUOV team to make the organization the best it can be
- Being respectful of the needs of individuals by being committed to the work schedule
The Assistant Community Living Worker will benefit from having skills that include patience, calmness in difficult situations and problem-solving abilities. The ability to help an individual become comfortable in advocating for themselves is an important part of this position. In short, you need to be a positive role model. In addition, the following will help you achieve success in this position:
- Post-secondary education in the health care field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with and supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Valid driver's licence and a reliable vehicle
- Current certifications: First Aid, CPR, Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Experience in contributing to a team environment while working independently
- Bilingualism is an asset
In addition to a competitive salary, employees start with two weeks of vacation and a very generous benefits package (OMERS pension plan, dental, health, etc.) At every stage in your employment with Community Living, we offer a supportive work environment from colleagues to key management roles. We also provide access to third-party, unlimited counselling services for employees and their family members at no charge. This is a positive and collaborative CUPE unionized workplace.
When you join Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley, you will be part of an agency that is a leader in our province in terms of inclusion. We are often the agency that helps others move forward, and we share our best practices regularly with organizations around Ontario and throughout Canada. We are accredited (with distinction) through The Council on Quality and Leadership and our staff have helped us become recognized with several awards locally, provincially and within our industry worldwide. For more information on Community Living, please visit our website at www.cluov.ca.
Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to the selection process, please advise Human Resources of accommodation needs to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
The salary for this position is $17.82-$18.66 per hour.
|Shelby Roy, Human Resources Generalist|
Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley
894 Pembroke Street West,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|