Supervised Access Workers
Supervised Access Workers
|Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: January 13th 2021
Family & Children's Services of Renfrew County (FCSRC) helps families and communities in Renfrew County protect and support the development and well being of children, youth and adults through integrated services, prevention and social inclusion. We provide services of child welfare, developmental services, Ontario Early Years, KUMON math and reading and family visitation and exchange services.
We are currently looking for Supervised Access Workers on a casual contract (up to 17 hours weekly) in Renfrew.
The incumbent will assist with the daily operation of the service by completing exchanges and visits. The incumbent will work a flexible work schedule of no more than 17 hours per week, which will mainly include evening and weekend hours. The work schedule will be designed to meet the needs of the service and the client population.
Duties performed on a regular basis:
- Adhere to all FCSRC policies and procedures, ministry regulations, standards, directives and relevant legislation
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client information and conduct all duties within the boundaries of professional client relationships
- Provide continuous supervision to visiting persons with their children during supervised access visits
- Provide assistance with exchanges between residential and visiting persons
- Assist with paperwork including recording of all contacts with clients, telephone logs and interactions of the clients in the visits or exchanges as well as filing and photocopying as needed. The incumbent will also assist with other office duties including reception, responding to telephone inquiries, inputting of client data into both the Ministry of the Attorney General database and Microsoft Word documents and rescheduling of visits or exchanges when required.
- Open, maintain and close client files, under the direction of the supervisor
- Participate in regular supervisory and team meetings (monthly or as required by the supervisor)
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the resources available in Renfrew County
- Liaison with community professionals as required
- Provide information to the coordinator concerning client needs, requests or complaints
- Deal effectively with job-related stress and promote positive relationships between supervised access staff, as well as other agency staff
- Undertake other duties outlined by the supervisor
- Responsible for the completion of other related tasks as assigned
Complete Job Description
- Graduate of a university or college social service program
- An understanding of families involved in custody and access disputes and/or those involved with CAS would be an asset
- French-language skills are an asset
- Ability to identify systemic barriers to equity and anti-oppressive practices and apply this lens to your work with FCSRC
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of the culture, history and current oppressions experienced by marginalized groups
- Ability to understand and apply anti-colonial, anti-racist, anti-ableist, anti-cisgenderist, anti-ageist, anti-classist, anti-heterosexist lenses to social problems
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and implement evidence-based research into practice
- Understanding of the CYFSA, signs of safety, anti-oppressive practice and strength-based approach
- Possess proficient communication skill, both written and spoken
Closing: January 22, 2021.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email and reference “Supervised Access Worker” in the subject line, or submit it by mail.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Coordinator|
Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|