Windows Desktop Support Technician
Windows Desktop Support Technician
|Reference Number: PMDF-17043|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: October 10th 2017
Pembroke MDF Inc. is a privately owned company, located just outside of Pembroke. Our facility utilizes high quality wood fiber supplied by local sawmills to manufacture high quality fibreboard and painted base board mouldings. Unlike other types of wood panels, the homogenous and uniform structure of fibreboard results in a product that is easily routed, milled and finished.
We currently have an opportunity for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as a Windows Desktop Support Technician.
The Windows Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing hands-on desktop support services for users. I.T. team requires a desktop technician with experience supporting a variety of applications and Windows operating systems to provide break/fix support for the desktop systems and desktop environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate system imaging of laptops and desktops, schedule, post imaging support and troubleshoot remote operating system deployments, surplus equipment pickups, PC refresh, new hire system deployments
- Use knowledge and experience with Windows (Windows7) to provide desktop hardware and software break/fix support. Knowledge of phone systems would be an asset
- Troubleshoot and resolve desktop hardware, application, printing and networking issues
- Resolve desktop issues according to defined IT/ITIL processes/procedures to meet service level objectives and user commitments
- Manage user expectations and address escalations according to defined processes using excellent people and customer service skills
- Maintain hardware asset databases
- Operate as part of the team responsible for the continued maintenance, operation and security of internal and customer IT systems
- Implement and improvise support tools and automation required to deliver on SLAs
- Assist business users via phone, chat, and remote connection tools
- Resolve complex problems in your field of expertise
- Deliver clear explanations on performing both simple and complex tasks
- Support multiple versions of software and operating systems
- Ticket end-user interactions according to Pembroke MDF’s policies and processes
- Investigate support issues in sequence and in a detailed fashion
- Perform administrative duties such as e-mail management and documentation
- Maintains respectful communication with co-workers and supervisory staff
- Familiar with the company’s policies/processes and understands the impact of this position on the competitiveness and performance of the company
- Complies with and follows health and safety policies and programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum college diploma in Information Technology or related field
- Relevant industry certifications
- Two to four years of experience providing desktop services within a global corporate Windows environment
- Experience with Office 365 and Windows 7 IS A MUST
- User support experience
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of versions of Windows providing desktop hardware and software break or fix support
- Knowledge and experience in remote troubleshooting
- Concentrated experience in a hardware and software technician role
- Frontline user support experience essential
- Strong knowledge of SQL scripts
- Proactive and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to self-manage job responsibilities, adhere to defined processes and meet service level and customer commitments
- Outstanding people skills and customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player who enjoys working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and can effectively deliver on job responsibilities within aggressive timelines
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision; self-starter; team player
- Good organizational, written and verbal skills (meticulous with regard to documentation)
- Excellent people skills, customer oriented
- Strong work ethic and ability to have flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and common COTS applications
Pembroke MDF offers a competitive benefit package and company matching RRSP program.
Employment is conditional upon successfully completion of Pembroke MDF’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume via email quoting the position title and file number.
Pembroke MDF Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|