|Pembroke and Area Airport|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 11th 2019
The Pembroke & Area Airport is one of five certified airports in Eastern Ontario. Located in Petawawa, the Airport serves approximately 5,000 aircraft movements each year. The Airport interacts with many agencies in the course of daily work including the Government of Canada, the Department of National Defence, the Ministry of Natural Resources (Ontario and Quebec), Ornge (air ambulance), Canadian Coast Guard and many private pilots and aircraft. We are also home to Skydive Petawawa.
In the fall of 2017, the Airport launched a campaign to repave its runway which is currently ongoing. A new hangar building is planned for 2019 and development opportunities are growing.
The Airport is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operator. This is a part-time position and reports to the Airport Manager.
The Airport is a busy facility at times and the staff members are well-known for exceptional service throughout Ontario. We are very much recruiting for someone who is interested in continuing at that standard.
Duties of the Position:
- Moving and fuelling aircraft
- Airside and non-airside property maintenance
- Assisting with airport maintenance operations
- Handling customer requests and interacting with the public
- Processing fuel sales
- Being an ambassador for the Pembroke & Area Airport
- Possession of a Restricted Radio Operators Licence is a definite asset; if you do not have this licence you must be willing to obtain it
- A valid G driver's licence
- A valid DZ licence
- Comfortable with being outside and in windy, dusty and loud environments
- Able to treat safety as a priority
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience in any maintenance or labour work is a definite asset, as is experience in aviation
- Dependable, arriving on time for work and committed to the position
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be trained to work on your own
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Able to provide your own steel-toed boots
- Criminal background check
- WHMIS, First Aid and CPR certifications
- Mechanical abilities are an asset
- An interest in aviation is an appreciated
Alternating weekend work is part of this role.
The Airport is jointly owned by the Town of Laurentian Hills, the Town of Deep River, the Town of Petawawa, the City of Pembroke, the Township of Laurentian Valley and the Township of Whitewater Region.
Please send resumes by email in MS Word or PDF format.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
Closing: June 21, 2019 at 4:00pm.
|Steve Gilchrist, Airport Manager|
Pembroke and Area Airport
176 Len Hopkins Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|