|Pastway Planing & Wood Preserving|
Location: Combermere, Ontario
Posted: July 28th 2022
Pastway Planing has roots in the lumber industry that date back to the early 1930s. Offering the first custom milling services in the region, by 1986 the company had grown from three to over 50 employees, steadily increasing production capabilities and earning a reputation for leading edge products and services. For more than 40 years, we’ve been creating partnerships with an Ontario-wide customer base. In 2013, we were acquired by CanWel Building Materials Group.
We are recruiting for a General Labourer. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm. Hours may change due to operational requirements.
Reporting to the Mill Supervisor, the General Labourer piles, wraps, bands, labels, counts, and identifies lumber using various lumber handling equipment.
- Operate lumber handling equipment on wood stacking line
- Piling lumber 1” to 8” thick by hand
- Band and wrap lumber
- Maintain a clean and organized work station and yard
- Adhere to all work safety rules and regulations
- Adhere to customer service commitments
- High school diploma
- Attention to detail
- Able to count and identify various dimensional lumber products
- Experience working in a lumber mill or lumber yard is desirable
- Must have own steel-toed boots
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds or 23 kilograms
- Bending, lifting, and reaching during course of shift
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Basic math skills
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
Compensation is as per Schedules A & B of the Collective Agreement with the United Steel Workers, Jan 26, 2022 – Jan 25, 2025. Overtime is available. This position includes health benefits.
Please email your resume or drop it to our office in person.
Pastway Planing & Wood Preserving LP, a milling and wood preserving plant, is part of the CanWel Treating Division, which is under the CanWel Building Materials Group Ltd. CanWel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pastway Planing & Wood Preserving
2916 Rockingham Road,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|