|Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: January 31st 2018
Salary: $15.94 per hour
The Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre is currently recruiting for two Material Handlers. These are part-time positions up to 24 hours per week, Monday to Saturday (day shifts).
The position of Material Handler provides a variety of sorting, quality control and labour duties in order to receive, process and prepare recyclables for market. This opportunity is ideal for anyone looking to have a second career or re-entering the workforce. We welcome resumes from older workers.
- Sorts recyclable fibres, containers and organic materials received from incoming residential and commercial generators under the supervision of the Diversion Supervisor.
- Monitors quality of sorted materials to ensure market specification requirements are achieved.
- Performs general laboring duties including sweeping, shoveling, emptying waste containers, litter pick up, general housekeeping duties.
- Works within a team of sorters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comfortable standing at a raised conveyor sorting station for prolonged periods of time performing highly repetitive, routine work.
- Comfortable working in an industrial setting that is exposed to related noise, dust and odours.
- Punctual and reliable and take work direction.
- Able to bend, twist, push, pull materials and lift 50 pounds without restrictions.
- Must be able to concentrate on simple tasks for a long period of time.
- Comfortable working and interacting with a workforce with an average age of 45+.
- Able to recognize product materials for the purpose of sorting recyclables, organics and waste.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
- Able to work with minimal supervision either alone or as part of a team.
- High school education or equivalent work experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resume with cover letter via email, fax or mail.
We thank all who apply, but only those being interviewed will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
|Laurie Benjamin, Diversion Supervisor|
Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre
900 Woito Station Road,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|