Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: August 27th 2021
McGrimmon Holdings is a provider of rental apartments, townhomes and commercial properties in the Ottawa Valley. We currently manage 37 properties in the Renfrew and Cobden area. McGrimmon Holdings is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician. This is a full-time position.
The Maintenance Technician will manage and support the general maintenance and repair of the apartment buildings, equipment and grounds. We are looking for an individual with ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Performs and supports day-to-day operations and maintenance of the facilities and grounds, as directed
- Performs inspections and maintenance as required
- Daily tasks can involve carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical and plumbing repairs
- Establishes and maintains a well-equipped and organized workshop
- Weekly collection of garbage and recyclable materials
- Cleans external areas such as entranceways, sidewalks and parking lots of dirt, leaves, snow and other refuse by using manual and power brooms, rakes, shovels and other equipment
- Performs minor gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning and watering
- Good working knowledge of carpentry, finishing, minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, tiling and other associated trades
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and procedures and repair work
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of hand tools and equipment that is common to building trades
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have a valid driver's licence and a good driving record
- Ability to work flexible hours and available to be on call to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
The McGrimmon Group of Companies is a diverse portfolio of complementary companies spanning multiple industries.
If you have a mature attitude, enjoy working in a fast-paced, friendly atmosphere and possess the above qualifications, then please send us your resume in MSWord or PDF format.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
555 Hall Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|