Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: November 18th 2020
A Renfrew-area employer is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician. This is a full-time position.
The employer is looking for an individual with the ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage deadlines. The Maintenance Technician will manage and support the general maintenance and repair of apartment buildings, equipment and grounds.
- As directed, performs and supports day-to-day operations and maintenance of the facilities and grounds
- Performs inspections and maintenance as required
- Ensures all safety standards as described in the Worksafe regulations are adhered to including protective equipment and clothing
- Performs carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical and plumbing maintenance and repairs such as repairing furniture, constructing shelves, installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic appliance repairs, applying paint and other finishes, repairing drywall, disassembling and reassembling equipment, replacing sinks and toilets
- Establishes and maintains a well-equipped and organized workshop
- Weekly collection of garbage and recyclable materials
- Cleans external areas such as entranceways, sidewalks and parking lots using manual and power brooms, rakes, shovels and other equipment to remove dirt, leaves, snow and other refuse
- Performs minor gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning and watering
- Good working knowledge of carpentry, finishing, minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, tiling and other associated trades
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and procedures and repair work
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of hand tools and equipment that is common to building trades
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to reach with hands and arms, stand or walk for long periods of time and climb, kneel or crawl into tight spaces
- Must have a valid driver's licence and a good driving record
- Able to work flexible hours and available to be on call to respond to emergency situations
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Please send your resume by email in MS Word or PDF format. Those individuals we feel are best suited for this position will be contacted for an interview.
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|