Renfrew County is located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley in Eastern Ontario and stretches from the outskirts of Canada's capital. The district covers an area that reaches to Deep River in the north-west, Arnprior in the east and the edges of Algonquin Park in the south.
We educate 9,400 students in 28 schools and are the third-largest employer in Renfrew County. At the Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB), we celebrate the unique contributions of each individual. We cultivate an environment that values imagination and innovation. We guide and support our students as they consider the evolving opportunities of the 21st century and discover their own pathways to success. As a member of the RCDSB team, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment.
The Renfrew County District School Board is currently recruiting for temporary Custodian at Valour JK-12 School. This position is effective immediately and until approximately June 30, 2021. This position is seven hours per day, 35 hours per week. The shift is 3:30pm-11:00pm. This is a temporary position.
Under the supervision of the chief custodian and/or area supervisor, the Custodian performs a variety of custodial duties such as routine cleaning, routine building and equipment maintenance, opening and closing the building, checking building systems, responding to emergency calls, performing grounds maintenance and other duties as assigned at the school.
Additional duties include:
- Clean rooms, washrooms and fixtures;
- Mop, wash, scrub and finish floors;
- Pick up and dispose of garbage and recycling;
- Vacuum and/or shampoo carpets;
- Wipe and wash windows, blackboards, ledges, railings and furniture
- Do a thorough cleaning such as stripping, resealing and refinishing floors
- Perform routine maintenance activities including repairing lockers, doors and furniture;
- Replacing fuses and light bulbs,
- Resetting circuit breakers and unclogging drains
- Using manual or mechanized equipment to remove snow, cut grass and perform other grounds maintenance
This position will be open until filled.
Candidates are responsible for ensuring that their applications are received by the closing date.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a current vulnerable sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the Board. Please advise the human resources department at HRDept@rcdsb.on.ca prior to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.