|Roseburg Forest Products|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: April 28th 2021
Roseburg is a family-owned, vertically integrated forest products company with a long-term commitment to building shareholder value and securing opportunities for our team members. We believe in, and we value, talented passionate people, conscientious stewardship, continuous improvement, product quality and proven stability.
We currently have an opening for a Purchasing Manager. This is a full-time position.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for storeroom management and inventory control, and is accountable for site compliance of all corporate supplier agreements. This role collaborates in managing the planning and implementation of the procurement of goods and services for a facility. The Purchasing Manager will work closely with plant maintenance and operation personnel, corporate sourcing and other plant locations to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership and drive cost savings.
- Associate degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage people
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma skills – LSS Black Belt or Green Belt
- 4 Years of direct or indirect purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to take a leadership role in optimizing and incorporating new ERP system to facilitate operations
- Excellent purchasing and negotiating skills
- Ability to develop materials management plan metrics
- Ability to build and maintain strong supplier and site relationships
- A self-starter with a high degree of individual initiative
- Excellent people, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Strong consensus-builder with a service orientation
- Computer systems literate including experience with Excel and manufacturing based ERP systems, preferably Oracle’s Enterprise One (E1)
- Knowledge of effective supervisory and management practices and techniques
- Ability to work in and maintain a highly functional team environment
We offer competitive wages, retention bonus, company-sponsored benefits (major medical and dental), gainsharing, RRSP match program and paid vacation.
Roseburg is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting process, please let us know.
Roseburg Forest Products
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|