Community Liaison Officer
Community Liaison Officer
|Township of Horton|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: March 12th 2018
Salary: $22.86 -$25.73 per hour
Bordering the magnificent Ottawa River, Horton Township’s rolling hills and valleys are home to over 2500 permanent residents. We are only 10 minutes from the end of the new four-lane highway to Ottawa, Ontario - Canada’s Capital. We offer tranquil, affordable living space that is close to urban conveniences such as shopping, hospitals, schools, churches and industry. If you wish to escape the hectic pace of city life, you owe it to yourself to pay us a visit and experience the unique lifestyle that Horton has to offer.
Horton: where acquaintances become friends.
Horton Township is currently recruiting for a Community Liaison Officer. This position is 28 hours per week and overtime when required. The individual must be available for flexible hours including weekends and or evenings.
Reporting to the CAO/Clerk, the Community Liaison Officer will brief council regarding programs and opportunities for township departments including recreation and economic development and liaises with ministries, municipalities, all levels of agencies, local community groups, and local businesses. This position will work from the Horton Community Centre in support of the recreation committee mandate and will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, promotion and evaluation of recreational programs and activities. This position will also seek new programming, resources, rental opportunities and funding streams for the Township of Horton. This position will liaise with local businesses and staff to ensure better communication as it pertains to needs, services, opportunities and the strategic plan for economic development opportunities as well as support for our residents and local businesses. The position includes, and is not limited to, the review and proposed changes to our municipal website and advertising and promotional practices.
- Preferred university degree or college diploma in marketing or promotions, community or economic cevelopment, business administration or combined with related financial experience. Equivalent education will be considered.
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in recreation or a related field with experience working in recreation and economic development.
- Demonstrate knowledge, education and or experience with recreation, marketing, promotions and business relations in a rural community.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with township departments, the public, municipalities, local businesses, council and media.
- Knowledge and experience in applying for different levels of funding and departmental budgeting.
- Have experience with promoting, drafting and executing proposals and business plans.
- Must have a vehicle and a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license.
Compensation: $22.86-$25.73 per hour based upon experience. This is a six-month contract with a possibility of a permanent position.
Please send your application, including a detailed resume, stating Community Liaison Officer by March 23, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will be collected for the principal purpose of determining an applicant’s eligibility for potential employment. The Township of Horton is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for an applicant with a disability will be provided upon request.
| Suzanne Klatt, CAO/Clerk|
Township of Horton
2253 Johnston Road, RR#5,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|