|Township of Greater Madawaska|
Location: Calabogie ,
Posted: March 9th 2018
Salary: $72,275 - $83,787 per annum
Greater Madawaska Township, located in the Ottawa Valley, is the most picturesque and diverse tourist destination area in Eastern Ontario, offering opportunities for four seasons of outdoor adventure: alpine skiing to snowmobiling, flat water canoeing to fishing, championship golf to rock climbing, from mountain biking to ATVing. The options limited only by your energy and sense of adventure.
We are currently recruiting for a Treasurer/Deputy Clerk.
The Treasurer/Deputy Clerk for the Township of Greater Madawaska is responsible for the performance of the statutory duties of the municipal Treasurer as set out in the Municipal Act and to ensure all the financial affairs of the municipality are processed in an accurate and timely manner. Reporting to the CAO/Clerk, has the responsibility of maintaining the financial records of the township, assists auditors with preparation of financial reports of the township and it’s Local Boards, and provide informative financial analysis to council, departments and Provincial Ministries. The Treasurer will work in a fast paced customer service oriented environment and at all times offer independent opinions which reflect sound and cautious financial practice.
Complete Job Description
- An accounting or business degree i.e., CPA, CMA, CA or acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum three years general municipal accounting experience at a supervisory level including municipal tax administration and municipal financial management.
- Advanced computer skills including a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel, payroll and accounting tax software programs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with interpretation of the Municipal Act, as well as municipal by-laws.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relay to elected officials, peers, and the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure within the required time constraints maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Compensation: $72,275 - $83,787 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township of Greater Madawaska is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. Please contact Allison Holtzhauer at 613-752-2222 ext. 207 or at email@example.com
|Allison Holtzhauer, CAO/Clerk|
Township of Greater Madawaska
Box 180, 19 Parnell Street,
Calabogie K0J 1H0
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|