Manager of Public Works
Manager of Public Works
|Algonquins of Pikwakanagan|
Location: Pikwakanagan, Ontario
Posted: June 26th 2020
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation is a proud and progressive Algonquin community. Pikwakanagan is situated on the shores of Golden Lake and the Bonnechere River in Renfrew County. Located off of Highway 60, our community is 90 minutes west of Ottawa and 90 minutes hours east of Algonquin Park.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager of Public Works. This is a full-time, permanent position for one year with the possibility o an extension.
The Manager of Public Works will be accountable for carrying out the responsibilities associated with the management of all assigned public works program and projects related to the administration of the Algonquins of Pikwakanagan. The Manager of Public Works shall carry out all administrative-related functions in such a manner as to maintain their complete confidentiality in recognition of the privacy entitlements of all members of the community.
- Post-secondary degree in construction or civil engineering with a business administration component, or
- Post-secondary degree in business administration and experience in the public works field, or
- Secondary school completion at the grade 12 level with a minimum of three years of related experience in the public works field(s) and office administration component
- Experience in budget preparation, reporting techniques, contract administration, tendering techniques, project coordination and supervision of personnel
- Possess a valid Ontario G driver's licence
- Access to a dependable vehicle on demand
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal and provincial programs and services relevant to native people
- Knowledge of building codes and other related codes relevant to the public works fields
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to prepare written proposals for funding and analytical purposes
- Ability to work with numbers, vocabulary and objects
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Possess a high degree of initiative and the ability to function under general direction
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills
- Tact, judgement, reliability, dependability and thoroughness
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Organized work habits
Closing: July 10, 2020 at 4:30pm.
Application and Screening Procedure:
Interested persons must submit a resume demonstrating how the basic requirements are met and the names and day contact telephone numbers of your three most recent direct supervisors. If direct supervisor references are not available, then references that know your work may be accepted.
Applications will be accepted by email or through the mail in a sealed envelope marked personal and confidential and addressed to the attention of the contact person. No faxed applications, please.
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation has the right to shortlist for an interview or limit assessment purposes to the five most qualified persons. To obtain a job description, please contact the individual below. The board will screen all applications as presented.
Applicants will be screened on the following:
- Conflict of Interest: The applicant must not be a member of the supervisor’s immediate family
- Resume: The board will review the contents of the applicant’s resume to ensure the applicant meets the basic requirements as identified in this posting.
|Christine Hutchinson, Economic Development Officer|
Algonquins of Pikwakanagan
1643 Mishomis Inamo, Box 86,
Phone: 613-625-2800 ext. 253
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|