|Town of Arnprior|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: October 8th 2020
Salary: $74,799-$87,998 annually
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being "where the rivers meet." If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Planner position for which we are currently recruiting.
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the primary responsibilities for the Planner position include (but not limited to) the following:
- Review and process development applications for official plan amendments, zoning by-law amendments, site plan control, subdivision applications, minor variance and consent to sever;
- Prepare site plan and subdivision agreements plus, prepare and present staff reports to council recommending approval or rejection of planning and development proposals and negotiate conditions with land developers or professional consultants as it relates to land development proposals;
- Provide expert planning evidence at the Ontario Municipal Board or other quasi-judicial or judicial courts;
- Provide professional planning advice and support to the CAO and council on matters relating to the development and use of land resources and planning programs;
- Coordinate and make presentations at public meetings and respond to public enquiries and complaints in relation to planning matters and development proposals in compliance with applicable laws and policies;
- Manage the town land inventory and create recommendations to the CAO for property use, disposal or acquisitions;
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Economic Development Officer on major marketing and economic development initiatives, as well as, the Chief Building Official with respect to special planning or building-related conditions; and
- Act as secretary-treasurer and coordinate the activities of the committee of adjustment.
The successful candidate will have as a minimum the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in urban or regional planning or related field;
- Five years of experience in urban or regional planning or related field;
- Demonstrated work knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act and Provincial Policy Statement;
- Proficiency in computer skills including the utilization of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications plus experience with Geographic Information Systems in a municipal government environment;
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) or progressing to designation with OPPI; and
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by 3:00pm (local time) on Thursday, October 29, 2020.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email Jennifer Glofcheski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The town is committed to maintaining an equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
|Jennifer Glofcheski, Human Resources Officer|
Town of Arnprior
105 Elgin Street West,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|