Engineering Officer, Facilities & Assets
Engineering Officer, Facilities & Assets
|Town of Arnprior|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: October 8th 2020
Salary: $69,011-$81,189 annually
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being "where the rivers meet." If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Engineering Officer, Facilities & Assets position for which we are currently recruiting.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Operations, the primary responsibilities for the Engineering Officer, Facilities & Assets position include (but not limited to) the following:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the town’s corporate Asset management plan and related policy and procedures;
- Lead the development and implementation of asset management strategies and frameworks to meet vouncil objectives and long-term needs including the development of short and long term asset maintenance and rehabilitation strategies to minimize life cycle costs;
- Analyze and maintain the asset and geomatics database plus perform lifecycle analyses, levels of service, depreciation relating to the rehabilitation or upgrade of the town’s infrastructure assets;
- Participate in the preparation of the town’s municipal capital budgets and other financial forecasts for town projects followed by monitoring expenditures to ensure projects remain on budget;
- Undertake the preparation and analysis of tender documents, contract documents, and request for proposals for town projects relating to municipal facilities and assets;
- Conduct on-going project management and inspections for town capital projects relating to municipal facilities and assets ensuring deficiencies are rectified and coordinate the closing off of projects and undertakings;
- Assist with the preparation of engineering studies such as asset management reports or studies, building condition assessments, structural, HVAC, electrical, mechanical and other building envelope analysis; and
- Prepare and present reports to advisory committees or council matters when required.
The successful candidate will have as a minimum the following qualifications:
- A diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a concentration in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), architectural, building sciences, civil engineering, business administration or a related program;
- Three years of applied knowledge in asset management; desktop and web-based GIS technologies, spatial database modelling, engineering, construction project management and building science;
- Knowledge of and experience with global positioning systems in data conversion, data transfer, retrieval and data acquisition;
- Experience with operation and maintenance of municipal public works facilities and assets;
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as Citywide Asset Manager, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Microsoft Office and related database software;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Valid G class driver’s licensce and ability to obtain a clear vulnerable sector check.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by 3:00pm (local time) on Thursday, October 29, 2020.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email Jennifer Glofcheski at email@example.com. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The town is committed to maintaining an equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
|Jennifer Glofcheski, Human Resources Officer|
Town of Arnprior
105 Elgin Street West,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|