Location: L'Isle-aux-Allumettes, Quebec
Posted: October 17th 2020
The municipalities of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes and Chichester are looking to hire a Municipal Inspector. This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week. It is available immediately.
Under the authority of the Director General, the Municipal Inspector ensures that all requirements related to municipal by-laws (construction, zoning, subdivision, nuisances and others) are followed and enforced. This Municipal Inspector will be requested to perform the following tasks:
- Receive, treat and answer various requests from both citizens and professionals;
- Study and analyze requests for permits, certificates, or attestations and ensure their proper follow-up;
- Act as the inspector for buildings, urbanism and the environment, as described in the municipal code and laws, as well as the local municipal by-laws in effect;
- Produce and issue notices of offence and prepare statements, while representing the municipalities;
- Complete all other tasks, as required.
- Has completed studies in a field of land planning or urbanism or possesses a relevant combination of training and experience;
- Knowledge of codes, laws and regulations in connection with the duties
- Shows initiative, is independent, responsible and reliable;
- Is able to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Excellent command of French and English languages, verbal and written
- Good knowledge of office software and other relevant software
- Holds a valid driver’s licence
Remuneration and other working conditions will be set based on experience and the current salary policies in effect. Other benefits offered include a pension plan and a group insurance plan.
Interested candidates should send their application to the Municipal Office by e-mail or to the address below, on or before Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 12:00pm (noon).
We thank all interested candidates; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Alicia Jones, Director General|
75, rue Notre-Dame,
Phone: 819-689-2266, ext 103
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|