|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: May 14th 2019
Salary: $22.93 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve and advocate for our military community, its members and families. Our programs and services address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for a Volunteer Coordinator. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Under the direction of the Programs Manager, the Volunteer Coordinator maintains accountability for the day to day operations of the volunteer program. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible to promote and facilitate an environment where volunteers can embrace personal and/or professional growth through meaningful contributions to the military community. The Volunteer Coordinator also plays a key role in supporting all PMFRC fundraising initiatives.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the agency.
- Develop effective marketing strategies to attract volunteers (adult and youth) which promote volunteer involvement in all PMFRC activities, programs and special events from the military and civilian communities.
- Develop appropriate procedures and applying national standards for the program.
- In collaboration with other staff, identify program needs, prepare job descriptions for each volunteer position.
- Provide regularly scheduled gatherings regularly with volunteers for planning and coordinating of activities and events.
- Develop programs, special activities and training for registered volunteers.
- Develop and facilitate an educational youth volunteer program with special events and recognition for registered volunteers.
- Prepare written reports, correspondence and maintain accurate records.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Participate in the PMFRC’s health and safety committee.
- Participate in or assist with all special events when required.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in social sciences, human resources, community development and/or volunteer management.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with supervising and/or managing volunteer programs, and/or experience with not for profit organizations.
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve the integration of volunteers.
- Proven leadership ability with demonstrated success in developing teams and working collaboratively with both staff and community partners.
- Understanding the multi-tasking inherent to charitable organizations with limited resources and with the ability to effectively achieve responsibilities.
- Experience working within a complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Armed Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Adherence to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French a strong asset.
- Full understanding of PMFRC programs and services, its funders, Garrison and community partners.
- Strong relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and build rapport with a wide range of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within both an inter-disciplinary team and in a self-directed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized, and to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong facility and program operations experience with budget management responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive positive approach and sensitivity and tact in dealing with people under stressful situations.
- Extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend will be required (primarily for the weekly youth volunteer program).
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew.
Benefits: 2% RRSP matching after the first year of employment, vacation, sick leave, health and dental benefits.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
- Closing date: 27 May 2019 at 12:00pm
- Potential start date: June 2019
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|