|Community Living Renfrew County South|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: September 8th 2021
Salary: $20.44 per hour
Community Living Renfrew County South is a charitable non-profit organization that is committed to working with others to improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
We are recruiting for Support Workers. These are part-time and on-call positions.
Immediate opportunities are available in our supported group living program in Arnprior and Renfrew. Hours include days, evenings, overnights and weekends. A typical shifts is 12 hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- providing respectful, direct care supports including personal care,
- dispensing medication,
- supporting individuals with daily routines,
- teaching life skills,
- meal preparation,
- household chores,
- driving association vehicles,
- respecting privacy and rights,
- maintaining confidentiality.
- Secondary school diploma,
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid driver’s licence
- Current criminal and vulnerable sector check
- Driver's abstract report
- Good communication skills and organizational skills
- Previous experience working with people with developmental disabilities
- Certifications as PSW, DSW, SSW and ECE are all assets
The hourly rate for this position is $20.44 per hour along with additional vacation accrual percentage.
We offer benefits that include a paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) along with paid sick, statutory holiday hours and opportunity to earn a Developmental Service Worker (DSW) certificate while working.
Please email a cover letter and your resume in MS Word or PDF format.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Renfrew County South is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and will provide accommodation throughout the process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
Community Living Renfrew County South
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|