|North American Sawmills Machinery|
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Posted: June 5th 2020
North American Sawmills Machinery was established in 1977 to fabricate sawmill machinery and parts. The business also handled steel distribution. Today, the business continues and has expanded beyond the sawmill industry alone, fabricating and repairing parts for a variety of businesses with specific machining needs including farms, trucking companies and airports.
We were started by Ben Hokum Jr. and are located on the Ben Hokum & Son Limited property in Killaloe.
We are currently for a Manual Machinist. This is a full-time position.
- Operating manual lathes, milling machines, boring mills
- Setting up fixtures and work pieces
- Reviewing samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of the finished product
- Use precision measuring tools and work to close tolerances
- Machine maintenance and housekeeping
- Bench work
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary certification as a Machinist
- Previous manual machining experience
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, excellent time management, excellent attendance
- Mechanical aptitude, welding and knowledge of hydraulics an asset
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and occasionally lift at least 50 pounds
North American Sawmills Machinery is part of a long-time, established business in the Ottawa Valley. We are known for providing solutions to machinery repair issues that help ensure businesses continue to operate to the best of their ability.
If you would like to be part of this team, please forward your resume by email in MS Word or PDF format, send it by fax or drop it off at our office.
North American Sawmills Machinery
206A Black Point Road,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|