|Town of Arnprior|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: January 19th 2018
The Town of Arnprior is currently inviting students to apply for 2018 Summer Student employment opportunities.
There a number of positions available over the summer months (May to September) as outlined below in various departments/interests including operations (engineering, roads and services, and parks), recreation programs (Camp Wanago), town clerk’s office, museum, and library summer activity programs.
- Position A – Administrative Assistant (Clerk’s Office)
- Position B – Records Management Assistant (Clerk’s Office)
- Position C – Children’s Programming Assistant (Library)
- Position D – Children’s Program Coordinator (Library)
- Position E – Children’s Program Coordinator (Museum)
- Position F – Curatorial Assistant (Museum)
- Position G – Museum Assistant (Museum)
- Position H – Marketing Assistant (Community Services)
- Position I – GIS Engineering Assistant (Operations Engineering)
- Position J – Labourer (Operations Roads and Services)
- Position K – Downtown Summer Labourer (Operations Roads and Services)
- Position L – Waterfront Summer Labourer (Recreation Operations)
- Position M – Horticultural/Arborist Assistant (Operations Roads and Services)
- Position N – Horticultural Parks Attendant (Recreation Operations)
- Position O – Parks Attendant (Recreation Operations)
- Position P – Day Camp Counsellors (Recreation Programming) - Camp Wanago
- Position Q – Day Camp Coordinators (Recreation Programming) - Camp Wanago
Please note that the wage, term and schedule of summer student positions are subject to council approval of the 2018 budget.
To be considered for hire, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age or older
- Enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program on a full-time basis
- Returning to school on a full-time basis following their summer employment
- For positions working with children (i.e. position C, D, E, F, G, P and Q) require a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check (‘VSC’). A satisfactory VSC must be obtained, and/or proof of application during the selection process. A job offer is contingent upon receiving a satisfactory VSC. A recent VSC (i.e. one obtained within 6 months) would be accepted
- For positions with access to Town vehicles (Position I, J, K, L, M, N, O and Q), the student must have a valid “G” driver’s license in good standing (i.e. G1 and/or G2 licenses are not acceptable)
Click here to see full position details.
Early applications are encouraged. Students are welcome to apply for more than one summer position, however, you must specify each position you are applying for within your application (i.e. Position A, B, C, etc.). Interested students are invited to submit an application letter with a detailed resume outlining qualifications, education, and experience no later than 3:00 PM (local time) on February 23, 2018 via email, mail or fax.
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Information collected during the hiring process will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The Town is committed to maintaining an equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all eligible and qualified applicants.
Application letters and resumes will be screened based on educational requirements and experience. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
If a candidate requires a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please email us at email@example.com or call our office at 613-623-4321.
Town of Arnprior
105 Elgin Street West,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|