Jp2g Consultants Inc. is an employee owned, multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing a comprehensive range of planning, engineering, environmental, and project management services to the public and private sectors, from offices located in Ottawa and Pembroke.
Jp2g is committed to maintaining client satisfaction, encouraging employee growth, and enhancing the communities we live in.
Our Pembroke office is seeking a talented and motivated Planner to join our team.
The ideal candidate is hard working and eager to increase their responsibilities and to take on a significant leadership role within the company.
At Jp2g, you will work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary group of engineers, technicians, project managers, and planners. Jp2g believes in employee empowerment. As a valued member of our professional team, you will enjoy a unique working environment and be provided with opportunities to demonstrate your initiative while developing your professional planning skills.
As a member of our professional team, you will be responsible for a variety of assignments for planning projects to public and private sector clients. You will be responsible for the research, preparation, and amendment of planning documents, reports, and special planning studies. You will attend meetings, responding to day-to-day client enquiries and planning matters.
You will make responsible decisions and take necessary action when required. You will outline and assign work, manage budgets, coordinate sub-consultants, advise on technical problems and methods of approach, and give technical guidance to technicians or other staff.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform planning work related to a variety of planning assignment
- Prepare proposals and undertake specialized planning studies
- Prepare planning documents such as Planning Justification Reports and both Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments.
- Manage complex development applications
- Review and process applications for official plan amendment, rezoning, site plan approval, and plans of subdivision or condominium
- Act as a liaison between clients and approval authorities
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure completed work meets corporate standards and client expectations
- Communicate internally regarding project status
- Assist with the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team of sub-consultants to meet client timelines
- Liaise with the team to ensure completed work meets or exceeds corporate standards and client expectations
- Actively participate in a team environment, sharing your technical knowledge and learning from others
- Project coordination, sub-consultant management, directing activity, and addressing issues as they arise
- Attendance as a professional witness before the Ontario Municipal Board, as required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Friday afternoons off year-round (36 hour/week)
- Group RSP planning opportunities
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Shareholder opportunities
To apply, please send your resume via email with 16-P05 Planner in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jp2g welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.