Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: January 8th 2021
Salary: $21.45-$22.08 per hour
Marianhill is a charitable long-term care facility located in the beautiful Ottawa Valley. We provide specialized care for 200 long-term and complex continuing care residents.
Marianhill is currently recruiting for Recreation Programmers. These are part-time positions.
Under the direction of the Manager of Recreation and Volunteers, the Recreation Programmer assists with the provision of resident care. Duties are performed in accordance with Marianhill’s mission statement, established policies and procedures, current legislation and in a manner that respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, self-respect, self-determination and autonomy of residents to promote maximum independence.
- Apost-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university; or be enrolled in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field.
- Completion of a food safety awareness program recognized by a publichHealth unit
- Computer literacy is an asset
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required; oral and written proficiency in French is preferred.
- Excellent attendance is essential
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, personal initiative, sound judgment and the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate a genuine concern and interest in the well-being of the resident and be extremely patient when interacting with the resident
- Courteous and friendly to visitors and work in a cooperative manner with co-workers
- Musical ability is considered an asset
- Have the physical capabilities compatible with the current physical demands analysis for this position.
- Hours of work: all shifts
- Rate of pay: As per CUPE 2764 collective agreement, $21.45-$22.08 per hour
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
Please note, the selected candidate will be required to submit a clear vulnerable sector check prior to hiring, provide proof of flu vaccine and 2-Step Mantoux TB Skin Testing as well as undergo COVID-19 testing per mandate weekly.
Marianhill is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their needs known at the time of application.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
600 Cecelia Street,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|