Program Facilitator, EarlyON
Program Facilitator, EarlyON
|Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County|
Location: Deep River, Ontario
Posted: May 13th 2019
Family & Children's Services of Renfrew County helps families and communities in Renfrew County protect and support the development and well being of children, youth and adults through integrated services, prevention and social inclusion. We provide services of child welfare, developmental services, Ontario Early Years, KUMON math and reading and family visitation and exchange services.
We are currently recruiting for a Program Facilitator EarlyON. This is a part-time, contract position (18 months) based out of Deep River/Point Alexander.
The EarlyON Centres promotes children’s optimal development and readiness to learn, so that they may reach their fullest potential within a healthy and secure community. EarlyON centres provide universal services to all parents and caregivers of children birth to six years.
The Program Facilitators will facilitate and work with team members, parents, caregivers, volunteers, and community partners in the delivery of parent education and child development programming within the EarlyON CFC and in outreach locations as needed. Facilitators are responsible for providing a positive, educational, language-enriched environment to enhance the social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth of children through the support of the parents or caregivers.
- Programming is based on infant and early childhood development. Degree or diploma at the college or university level in Early Childhood Education, Child Studies or Child Development is required. Must be registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- 2 years experience in a licensed child care or community or family resource setting, is preferred.
- This position requires flexibility, compassion, a demonstrated ability in program planning, and a good working knowledge of community resources. The candidate must enjoy working with children and adults. Training and experience with group facilitation is an asset. Must work flexible hours (some evenings and Saturdays).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a multi-disciplinary team member.
- Knowledge and commitment to best practices in the field of early learning.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of guiding documents such as: How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, Think Feel Act, etc.
- Previous experience working with children with special needs is preferred.
- Understanding of the CYFSA, Signs of Safety, anti-oppressive practice and strength-based approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (French an asset).
- Valid driver’s licence, insurance and ability to provide own transportation.
- Current immunization records.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory police vulnerable sector check (current within 6 months).
- Knowledgeable about computer-based technologies relevant to data collection, and other common office tasks.
- Standard First Aid CPR/AED Level C.
Closing: May 27, 2019.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email and reference “Program Facilitator - Early ON” in the subject line, or submit it by mail.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or disability.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Supervisor of Human Resources|
Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County
Deep River, Ontario
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|